VP Accounting Operations & Financial Reporting
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Vice President – Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting
About the Opportunity: A growing newly public biotech company has a VP of Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting position open. This company plans on continuing to grow and offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and collaborative environment. This position has a competitive compensation, equity, and bonus package.
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day accounting to ensure accurate and timely financial statement preparation.
- Manage and mentor accounting/finance (including payroll) teams.
- Oversee accounting strategies, initiatives, and activities, including implementation of new accounting standards and accounting systems.
- Oversee external reporting requirements (GAAP financial statements, SEC filings, etc.).
- Manage financial statement audits and quarterly reviews, work directly with external auditors.
- Build financial infrastructure including controls, policies, and processes.
- Lead accounting process improvements, change initiatives, streamlining processes, developing metrics, and creating efficiencies within the department.
- Oversee maintenance of internal control environment and accounting procedures, including evaluation of SOX 404 processes and controls.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial & tax functions.
- Oversee equity administration and related system, stock-based compensation.
- Evaluation and implementation of new accounting/financial systems and works closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate and manage company’s contracting process in coordination with the Legal department.
- Manage corporate insurance program and support company’s risk management program efforts and implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for management and audit/board committee meetings.
- 12+ years of progressive accounting experience, big 4 public accounting and public company experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree in accounting or finance preferred, active CPA.
- ERP and equity administration/stock-based compensation system experience; preferably Great Plain, Microsoft Dynamics 365, NetSuite and other comparable systems.
- Previous experience in Biotech industry preferred.
- Experienced people manager with proven ability to attract, retain and develop talent.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.