Category: Accounting & Finance
Staff Cost Accountant
About the Opportunity: A public tech company based in Carlsbad, California has a Cost Accounting position open. This position offers the ability to work with a close team at a company that places emphasis on having an encouraging work environment where new ideas are welcomed.
- Assist in capturing manufacturing valuations and variances.
- Develop and analyze costs, inventory, and reserves.
- Track material throughout the global supply chain and be able to classify it for purposes of reporting in 10-K and 10-Q footnote disclosures.
- Assist in developing accounting and business processes for new businesses from scratch.
- Prepare various other journal entries, quarterly schedules, account reconciliations, and analytics.
- Support both our internal and external auditors with requests including audit and SOX efforts.
- Identify areas of efficiencies to improve current processes and procedures.
- Research accounting issues, interpret guidance, and form an informed accounting position.
- Understand IT systems in place and reports, seek out IT solutions to create efficiencies in financial reporting while maintaining accordance with SOX.
- 1.5-2+ years accounting or relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Excellent understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial statements, and applying accounting theory.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with others within and outside the accounting team.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel.
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status required.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Large public company (>$1B Revenue) experience
- ERP system experience (Oracle preferred
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.