Senior Property Accountant
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Senior Property Accountant
About the Opportunity: A high-growth, stable Real Estate Company in San Diego, California has a Senior Corporate Accountant position open. This company cultivates an incredibly employee-friendly and professional work environment that places an emphasis on work-life balance, including half day Fridays! They offer 100% paid benefits and internal growth and promotion opportunities.
- Perform month-end close procedures and necessary reconciliations timely to meet company’s reporting deadline.
- Take ownership of multi-state property taxes and fluctuation analysis.
- Prepare receivable allowance and bad debt expense schedules and analysis.
- Using GL data, ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Prepare budget vs. actual financial variance analysis.
- Create supporting schedules for 10Q/K disclosures.
- Assist in audits and analysis of property-level financials, as wells as walk through of internal controls.
- Review property invoice coding for accuracy.
- Assist in continuous process improvement.
- Test the implementation of new Yardi modules and help resolve Yardi issues.
- Handle large quantity of data and share process improvements throughout cross business team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- 4-5+ years of relevant accounting experience required.
- Clear understanding of US GAAP required.
- Accounting experience in the real estate industry required.
- Must be organized, detailed, flexible, efficient and take ownership of own work product.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- CPA License.
- Public accounting experience.
- Previous experience with large data sets.
- Experience in Yardi.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.