Internal Audit Manager
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Internal Audit Manager
About the Opportunity: A high-growth, stable Real Estate Company in San Diego, California has an Internal Audit Manager position open. This company cultivates an incredibly employee-friendly and professional work environment that places an emphasis on work-life balance, including half day Fridays! They offer 100% paid benefits and internal growth and promotion opportunities.
- Maintain the Sarbanes-Oxley risk assessment including COSO 2013 evaluation and risk control matrices.
- Document processes including narratives and flowcharts.
- Perform walkthroughs, testing, and analysis to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Supervise and review internal audit testing.
- Interpret changes in the regulatory environment (e.g., SEC, PCAOB) or industry frameworks (e.g., COSO) and provide recommendations to meet those requirements and improve business processes.
- Report to senior management and external auditors regarding approach, timing, and performance as well as identified deficiencies.
- Design and lead audits to evaluate the Company’s strengths and the processes employed by management to effectively identify and manage risk.
- Identify reportable issues, perform root cause analysis, and provide remediation recommendations.
- Evaluate compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide value added recommendations to improve processes.
- Communicate results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and/or oral presentations to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- 6+ years professional audit experience with 2+ years previous supervisory experience.
- CPA, CIA, or CISA or other related certification.
- A strong understanding of IPPF Internal Auditing Standards and techniques; experience with risk-based internal auditing and annual planning; demonstrated knowledge of SOX 404 regulations and compliance.
- Experience with a Big 4 or large accounting firm strongly preferred.
- Real estate industry or Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) experience preferred.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.