Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: A stable public software company in San Diego is looking for a Senior Accountant. This position is available due to internal growth within company and a new product being developed. The Senior Accountant role reports directly to the Lead Accountant and Corporate Accounting Group Manager and offers an opportunity to be a part of the end-to-end business process rather than being limited to a specific area. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in fintech.
- Create strategy to support revenue recognition, new offerings, and business changes.
- Prepare, test, and maintain journal entries for a broad range of accounting areas.
- Ensure the financial integrity of accounting entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Participate in the month and quarter end close process.
- Prepare and maintain reports / schedules for management, the internal audit function, and external auditors.
- Research and document company position on technical accounting issues.
- Understands business unit and functional group strategy, priorities, and offerings.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, and Statement of Shareholders’ Equity).
- 5+ years of technical accounting experience with accruals, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- BS or BA Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong technical (GAAP) and financial accounting.
- Public accounting or large public company experience strongly preferred. Software industry experiences a plus.
- Large accounting software package expertise (Oracle financials, etc). Outstanding Excel skills a plus.
- CPA preferred.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.