Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: A global public company in San Diego is seeking a Staff Accountant to support the accounting team as well as work closely with the SEC reporting function. The ideal candidate will have a year of accounting experience with a large company. This position offers a growth path to Senior Accountant and the opportunity to work in a stable environment.
- Prepare account analyses and reconciliations.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports.
- Maintain accounting and financial records.
- Process financial transactions.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from outside departments, internal and external auditors and management.
- Record monthly cash settlement transactions into GL.
- Communicate with counterparties to confirm information and resolve discrepancies with Cash Management.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reporting requirements to ensure compliance with various governing agencies. This includes support of the SOX compliance and audit requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field required.
- CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certificates/advanced degrees a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in public and/or professional accounting.
- Experience with multi-company consolidations and prior SEC reporting.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; advanced knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products, SAP, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is also desirable.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.