San Diego, California
- A San Diego HealthCare company is seeking a Software Engineer in Test II to join our growing organization. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one of our growing Consumer Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, we are seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
- Design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications and test tools.
- Expands knowledge of Company operations particularly as related to assigned projects.
- Performs routine automation assignments with minimum Manager’s supervision.
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Design and develop White-box testing of applications.
- Accountable for providing accurate time estimates of assigned tasks and projects.
- Recommends possible improvements in applications.
- Performs code reviews.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed.
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
- Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
- Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
- Analyzes alternatives, providing a cost/benefit comparison.
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected. Responsible for remediation
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 4 years software test automation experience, including object-oriented development, working with relationship databases, and writing SQL queries or stored procedures.
- Experience with web development programming.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL.
- Exceeds expectations of a Software Engineer I with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
- Experience with Object-oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications.
- Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred.
- Experience with XSLT, XML, JSON.
- HTTP, C#, SQL experience.
- Experience with software design patterns.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or working with Web Services and APIs.
- Experience with mentoring other automation engineers.
- Problem solving, analytical, logic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced development cycle
- Familiarity with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Ability to design and architect complex enterprise level systems.
- Expertise with software design patterns.
- Expertise with SOLID design principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.