Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Sayva Accounting Services - Senior Accountant
Are you looking for the opportunity to learn more about running businesses rather than being a cog in a wheel? This role is perfect for a Senior Accountant wanting more variety and involvement in their work.
The Senior Accountant will work with and support multiple emerging businesses by performing and advising on company accounting. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills and an awesome personality to join our team.
Sayva Accounting Services is a Division of Sayva Solutions Sayva is a full-service accounting, finance, and technology consulting firm providing outsourced accounting, special project resources, and direct-hire recruiting services to companies of all sizes. Sayva Accounting Services provides outsourced accounting and financial services to small and mid-size companies in a variety of different industries. Our highly experienced team of accounting and finance professionals provide our clients with the ongoing accounting support and financial analysis necessary to more effectively run their company, analyze operations, and guide business decisions.
At Sayva, we actively promote and enjoy and a culture of fun, transparency and integrity. We aim to create fun in everything we do. Ping pong tournaments, quarterly volunteering and team events, impromptu happy hours and birthday celebrations are just a few things we do to build camaraderie in our environment.
Sayva has consistently been awarded one of San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work each year since 2018, one of San Diego Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies each year since 2017, and on the Inc. 5000 list for 2019 and 2020.
- Book accounting entries, including general journal, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and cash
- Enter daily/weekly/monthly recurring and adjusting entries
- Prepare and ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled monthly
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Assist with preparing timely and complete financial statements
- Gather information and data for reporting purposes
- Create technical accounting memos
- Assist with system implementations
- Prepare workpaper information for external auditors
- Prepare work papers to comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent field required; CPA preferred
- 3+ year of General Ledger accounting experience required
- Client service accounting preferred
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP required
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize client workload
- Excellent communication and writing skills required
- Self-starter; ability to work with minimal direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with QuickBooks
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.