Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: A public biotech company in San Diego is seeking a Controller Consultant to manage the SEC function. This consultant will oversee the SEC team and provide technical accounting support and ensure SEC filings are completed timely.
Duration: This project starts ASAP and will run 2 months at a minimum
- Lead the SEC and technical accounting function including leadership of a team of two
- Communicate and coordinate with the external auditors and internal audit department
- Support financial statement preparation process
- Provide technical accounting support for M&A activity
- Manage systems optimization and reporting for the SEC function using NetSuite
- Create and support process improvements and implement best practices
Qualifications & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Similar
- 8+ years’ experience with SEC management and strong SEC Reporting background
- Previous biotech Controller experience
- Big 4 foundation experience
- Systems experience with NetSuite
About Sayva: At Sayva Solutions, our consultants are a part of the Sayva team from before a project starts and as we partner together on future opportunities. We provide competitive compensation as well as a robust benefits package that includes employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance with a company contribution, 401k plus a competitive match that vests immediately and paid holidays. We truly value each of our consultants and recognize that both wellness and financial wellness benefits are important in attracting and retaining top talent. During your project, we will always provide frequent updates on the status of your project and have a seamless process to transition you onto future projects. We make significant investments in our consultants by finding opportunities to help them gain new skills and grow their career. Additionally, we like to have fun at Sayva! We hold events and recognition awards just for our consultants. Contact us to become a part of the Sayva team!
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.