Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: A growing, stable financial services company that recently went public is in search of a payroll supervisor. This company cultivates a fun and laid-back environment, a competitive benefits package, and growth potential with a continuous track of internally promoting their employees.
- Manage the disbursement of multi-state payroll, garnishments, benefits, and taxes to 4,000+ employees.
- Monitor payroll operations effectiveness, and identify areas for process improvements, including enhancement of internal controls.
- Review W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc. for accuracy.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee information including base wages, benefits, sick and vacation time.
- Hire, train, develop, assist, and manage team members. Including planning, prioritizing, assigning, and supervising daily operations and workflow of staff.
- Serve as a key point of contact and provide support for external and internal examinations/audits.
- Critically review payroll reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Minimum of five years total experience in in-house payroll processing and administration experience in a high volume, multi-state, corporate environment required.
- Two years’ experience supervising and/or reviewing work of staff required.
- Experience using UltiPro payroll processing system required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent preferred.
- CPP or PCP Certification, or PCP or CPP Certification in progress, preferred.
- Strong understanding of required compliance with legal, regulatory, and financial requirements governing functional tasks and activities.
- Proficiency with data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.