Director of Payroll
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Director of Payroll
About the Opportunity: A growing, stable financial services company that recently went public is in search of a payroll supervisor. This company cultivates a fun and laid-back environment, a competitive benefits package, and growth potential with a continuous track of internally promoting their employees.
- Direct the daily operations of the payroll department.
- Develop, maintain, update, and communicate payroll policies and processes regarding earnings, deductions, and time keeping, as well as government compliance and reporting in a multi-state payroll environment.
- Integrate payroll systems with Human Resource and Benefits systems.
- Proactively facilitate frequent and collaborative contact, planning and reporting with the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure that the systems and processes correctly compute and record time, earnings, employee benefit, special deductions, mandated benefits, taxes, garnishments and other items that affect net pay and/or company liability.
- Manage the comprehensive payroll tax structure, compliance and reporting process.
- Provide advice, training, and assistance on payroll-related issues throughout the organization.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic analyses of earnings, taxes, deductions, accruals, forecast and hours worked for management.
- Select, train, develop, motivate, and evaluate the performance of payroll professionals; and ensure appropriate cross-training.
- Reconcile/resolve payroll issues internally and externally.
- Ensure that payments and government reports are disbursed timely and accurately.
- Accommodate the annual 401k and workers compensation audits.
- Create and reconcile W-2’s and other year-end activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of multi-state and multi-company payroll experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in supervisory role required.
- Experience managing a complex payroll on a national scale that includes a diverse array of pay methodologies and programs for over 5,000 employees including payroll for multiple company subsidiaries for a publicly-traded company.
- CPP designation preferred.
- Advanced experience in UltiPro.
- Experience working collaboratively with other departments.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.