Treasury Specialist, Cash
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Cash Treasury Accountant
About the Opportunity: A stable, growing financial services company that recently went public is in search of an individual that is looking to expand their horizons. The role requires about a year of accounting experience and offers potential promotions to other departments within the organization outside of accounting. This company cultivates a fun and laid-back environment, a competitive benefits package, and growth potential with a continuous track of internally promoting their employees.
- Monitor daily cash flow activity and adjust balances to align with cash requirements.
- Wire funds; obtain signatory approval for wire transfers in accordance with approval guidelines/limits.
- Ensure accurate recording and reconciling of daily and monthly activity related to operating.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the General Ledger (via LoanVision).
- Perform multiple account and bank reconciliations.
- Record fixed assets for both Corporate and Branches into depreciation system.
- Book daily cash flow activity; obtain; follow up with appropriate individuals to obtain necessary backup.
- Help administrating the upfront deposit system (ClearTran) by setting up new users, answering questions and issuing refunds to customers.
- Cross-train and act as a back-up when needed for other treasury functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience preferred (Associate’s degree with 5 years’ experience also works).
- General knowledge of accounting principles, including debits and credits, reconciliations, balance sheets and income statements.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Ability to analyze situations and choose appropriate course of action to resolve issues.
- Highly proficient with data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 10-key by touch preferred.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.