Senior Accountant, Revenue
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Senior Accountant, Revenue
About the Opportunity: A large and stable public computer software company in San Diego is looking for a group accounting manager. This position is available due to internal promotion within the company.
- Applying, enforcing, and executing the Company's revenue recognition policy.
- Clearly articulate results, variances and demonstrate an understanding of root cause to management.
- Work closely with business unit partners, revenue recognition leads and internal/external auditors on accounting matters relating to revenue accounting.
- Stay current on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC), incorporating into current Company policy as necessary.
- Streamline systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient & accurate recording and proper classification of revenue.
- Support the month- and quarter- end close process and related responsibilities for the accounting department.
- Prepare journals entries and maintain account reconciliations consistent with GAAP and corporate accounting policies to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Establish necessary controls to ensure that revenue forecasts, deferred revenue balances and revenue accounting execution are compliant with Intuit company policy and GAAP.
- Prepare and maintain reports / schedules for senior management, internal, and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- 3+ years’ external audit experience or a combination of external audit and industry experience required.
- CPA/MBA highly desirable.
- Experience with ERP and other financial systems and tools a positive.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to raise issues appropriately to the right level internally and externally to resolve.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.