Business Systems Analyst Lead
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Business (Financial) Systems Analyst Lead
About the Opportunity: A large and stable public computer software company in San Diego is looking for a group accounting manager. This position is available due to internal promotion within the company.
- Translate complex accounting guidance and processes into system requirements.
- Work with teams to provide clarification on accounting implications and process impact, but with a system/automation perspective.
- Attend JAR sessions, review, and approve FRD. Validate completeness and accuracy of requirements for accounting. Design and develop reporting requirements and specifications.
- Provide comments on solution leveraging E2E knowledge of accounting processes and controls.
- Validate solution for accounting implications while providing comments on system design, gaps and deferrals with inputs on prioritization and manual workarounds.
- Align on testing approach and scenarios with comments on financial risk.
- Drive overall change management, communication and training to accounting process owners.
- Have a risk-based review of monthly system releases, identify system issues and manage prioritization of defects for resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 5-7 years of Billing, Quote to Cash, Revenue, Accounting, Financial system implementation experience, with experience on requirements documentation, solution review and testing validation as a functional lead.
- Experience with Oracle ERP and other tools a huge plus.
- Deep understanding of AR, Revenue and Deferred revenue accounting and associated transactional flow.
- Project management skills with a proven track record of delivering projects.
- Able to speak “accounting” and “technical” languages for the right audiences.
- Ability to navigate complexity well and demonstrated experience managing across functions to accomplish large scale goals.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.