Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: A fast-paced, start-up life sciences company is in search of a Senior Accountant. This privately held, pre-IPO company plans on growing very quickly, offering equity in the company and a competitive healthcare package. The position provides the opportunity to work directly with the CEO on a weekly basis and future growth opportunity to Assistant Controller.
- Assist with all general accounting functions, including the monthly general ledger, financial close processes, and management reporting.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end close activities, journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of results, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all tasks, with attention to operating expense accruals and GAAP reporting.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and payroll.
- Accurately code and record financial transactions in QuickBooks Online.
- Maintain formal internal controls, accounting policies, practices, and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Assist with the implementation of new financial systems such as an ERP and equity administration tools.
- Maintain Fixed Asset, Prepaid Expenses, and other general ledger accounts.
- Assist with auditor requests and contract management (government grant funding and track financial obligations against work completed with third party collaborators and vendors).
- Assist with executing process improvement opportunities within the accounting function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ accounting experience required.
- A combination of public accounting and industry accounting experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory; working knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables and Vlookups).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and self-accountable.
- Confidence in ability to work efficiently and effectively while learning new systems and software.
- Focused, able to work in a fast-paced environment and execute with great attention to detail.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
- Experience with government grants and contracts a positive
- Payroll experience a positive.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.