Senior Financial Analyst
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Delivery Lead: Hailey Eklund
Title of Open Position: Sr. Financial Analyst (External posting: Finance Business Partner, Engineering Operations)
Why Open: The previous person came from Sayva (moved to Tandem Diabetes)
Karolis Panavas- is a good example of a person they liked.
He just left April 2nd.
What did Karolis do: He was over both the San Diego Manufacturing operations and also supported engineering operations group,
This person will be at the Senior level and handle all Engineering operations. CAPX
Cost for testing operation, head count, spend, variances.
Interested in a Consultant: No
Description of Business:
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Who Reports to (title and info on this person – background/personality):
Lindsey Swanson: Sr. mgr., Finance
Dept Structure/Org Chart:
- Sr. finance analyst: located in Mesa, AZ
- Sr. Financial analysts: Freight and logistics: located in n San Diego:
- Sr. Fin Analyst: Engineering: Open position in San Diego
- Financial analyst-2 yrs. exp. (direct and indirect ): Manufacturing in S.D
- Experience working as a Finance Business Partner, with 6-10 years of total relevant experience in corporate finance, accounting, or financial planning & analysis. Would take less if had accounting experience or audit.
- Experience at a company with in-house and Contract Manufacturing
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional)
- Experience supporting engineering teams and capital modeling.
- Experience working in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industries
- Experience working within large scale ERP systems and Hyperion Financial Management/Smartview/Essbase
- Experience driving performance improvement by leading cross-functional programs & initiatives.
- Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Performs economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
Critical Projects/Initiatives in first 90 days:
1. Monthly head count and spend, tracking and variance analysis
- Getting to know the teams.
- Soul owner for month end responsibility (Accruals, and reviewing area for accuracy
Systems: Hyperion for budgeting and forecasting- soon to move to Hyperion Cloud in the summer of 2021
Tableau: in infancy now: Currently using it for reporting metrics through-out the company
Oracle Cloud- ERP
Hours/OT/Balance: Standared 40-50 hours a week and sometimes more depending on important deadlines.
Remote Status – Remote to start but starting to come into office in July
Open to Hybrid working, can be flexible with schedule.
The Engineering team likes in person meetings but as you build a relationship the person should be able to set up what they need.
Full/Partial, Communication, Schedule, Travel:
Target Start Date: ASAP.
Growth potential in this role:
Work/life balance, hours expectations, schedule flexibility, open to remote work:
Salary (Target/range & Top End): 90/hr is mid-range (open to seeing top notch candidates at a little higher salaries)
Bonus: 10-12% set based on level of role
Benefits (401k, PTO, Medical/Dental. Other):
HR will have info.
PTO: 2 weeks a year
Sick time: 5 days
Holidays: 12 paid holidays,
Ideal profile + Top 3 areas to screen
- Finance Business Partner, with 6-10 years of total relevant experience in corporate finance, accounting, or financial planning & analysis
2. Ability to push back on business partner, why they need what they need before they reach out to Linds,
3. Any candidate needs to know that no concrete processes are build out. Opportunity to make them clean and set them up. You will need to cut and paste from various systems and keep a good attitude
- Opportunity to create processes and procedures and set up best practices
- Opportunity to build this role out. Lots of opportunity to have financial impact on the organization.
Hours: 40-50 hr a week. Times when things are crazy and things aren’t.
Years of Exp: 6-8 years of experience
The most resent person had some accounting, Dexcom moves quickly,
Open to relocation:
How long open:
Other candidates/How many: a few internal candidates
Concerns with candidate pool:
Using other firms: yes