Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practice search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A rapidly growing company in their industry is seeking an experienced Accounting Supervisor. This person plays an important role in the organization by performing activities related to the company’s Accounting functions.
- Supervise, coordinate, and review all aspects of the branch month-end close processes, including issue resolution and meeting deadlines.
- Review and approve monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, adjustments, reports, and other accounting data relating to branch P&Ls.
- Oversee the team’s review of monthly P&Ls for all branch offices, identify variances, and ensure correct accounting is applied.
- Assign work and monitor performance of direct reports to ensure work is completed in accordance with objectives and deadlines; plan, prioritize, and supervise daily operations and workflow
- Work closely with IT, Business Analysts and team on programming requirements, testing and implementation.
- Work directly with Regional Vice Presidents and act as a liaison to multiple departments.
- Conduct formal annual performance reviews and provide informal feedback as required.
- Plan, prioritize, assign and supervise daily operations and workflow of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, along with 2+ years of relevant experience and at least 2 years managing a team of 2 or more.
- CPA preferred.
- Thorough understanding of general accounting concepts.
- Intermediate Word and Outlook; Advanced Excel.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills and ability to resolve problems or propose solutions.
- Strong teaching, coaching and delegation skills.
- Ability to make timely decisions and exhibit sound judgment.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.