Payroll Senior Manager or Associate Director
San Diego, California
Payroll Director Consultant
About the Opportunity: We are partnering with a public biotech company in San Diego that is seeking a Payroll Director Consultant to assess the payroll processing function through a detailed review and clean up as needed.
- Effectively manage all aspects of the weekly payroll process for multi-state employee payroll ensuring accuracy, compliance and outstanding service goals are consistently met
- Design, manage, and document Payroll Department process ensuring efficient payroll processes and data maintenance programs
- Perform advanced payroll functions and fully understand company benefit plans for proper deductions
- Manage and direct the payroll team to ensure payroll processing deadlines are met
- Communicated with cross-functional departments to review and reconcile cross-department impacts and data sharing
- Manages preparation of management reporting for monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- Manages company stock data, stock options, ESPP, and RSUs
- Maintains internal controls for the payroll operations and escalates system deficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 12+ years’ experience in managing payroll processes and systems in a fast-paced and multi-state environment, international experience is ideal
- Experience with managing the payroll function, both salaried and hourly, and experience with bonus accruals
- Strong experience with Paylocity and Advanced Excel
- Ability to lead and manage a team to meet deadlines while multi-tasking successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships with departments within the organization
About Sayva: As a consultant of Sayva Solutions, you will be part of the Sayva team and eligible for a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plus a competitive match and paid holidays. We value each of our consultants and recognize how important benefits are in attracting and retaining top talent.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.