Human Resources Generalist
San Diego, California
Human Resources Generalist
Do you enjoy building and maintaining relationships? v Do you enjoy helping others and working towards the best solution with a team? v Do you enjoy wearing many hats and jumping in wherever is necessary?
This is a hands-on Human Resources Generalist position where you will be responsible for managing various areas of the Company’s human resources function and providing day-to-day human resource leadership.
Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. We strive to incorporate our core values of integrity, accountability, attitude, and unity in everything we do.
Sayva has consistently been awarded one of San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work each year since 2018, one of San Diego Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies each year since 2017, and on the Inc. 5000 list for 2019 and 2020.
- Be a main point of contact for the Company’s human resources function.
- Representative of the Company’s culture, core values, and mission statement.
- Assist in developing and implementing human resources policies, best practices and strategic objectives, and monitoring and enforcing compliance with Company policies and practices.
- Oversee the internal hiring process including recruiting, candidate evaluation, interviewing, extending offers, onboarding, and new hire orientation.
- Work closely with external HR consultant to ensure the Company’s compliance with labor and employment laws and regulations.
- Stay current on changes to employment laws and applicable payroll, employee benefit, and human resource policies and procedures.
- Oversee the Company’s internal review process and assist with changes to the process.
- Create and manage the Company’s handbook, job descriptions, and organizational charts.
- Administer benefits and ensure compliance with Company policy. Oversee open enrollment period each year. Manage communications with the benefits broker and insurance carriers.
- Manage and process unemployment claims, audits, and workers compensation claims.
- Act as the 401k Administrator and be the Company liaison with the TPA.
- Maintain and organize employee files and records,
- . Consult and direct employee relations issues, partnering with managers and employees, leading investigations, and recommending appropriate course of action. Handle workplace investigations, disciplinary, and termination procedures
- Maintain employee and workplace privacy.
- Partner with leadership and operations to design and implement trainings and development.
- Identify and implement processes improvements within the HR department.
- 3-5 years of experience in human resources including managing the HR function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a similar field, or an HR certification.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop long-term relationships with employees and contractors.
- Exhibit a high level of organization and the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks at one time.
- Positive attitude representing the Company’s values at all times.
- Strong computer literacy: experience with an HR Management Software (ex-ATS, payroll systems) preferred.