VP - Senior Accounting Manager
San Diego, California
Senior Accounting Manager
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: Publicly traded Financial Services/Fintech Company headquartered in San Diego is looking to add a Senior Accounting Manager to their team! This is an all-encompassing role and will be responsible for driving the month end close, assisting with SEC reporting, assisting with technical accounting, and driving process improvements for accounting close and reporting process.
- Prepares the company's SEC financial reporting on Form 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K including creation of auditable support, and leads the analysis of the content
- Prepare monthly-end board report financial statements and assist with quarterly call reporting
- Provide cross functional support for the accounting department and perform related financial analysis
- Assist in the reporting and analysis of financial management
- Prepare general ledger journal entries and keep management updated with expenditure related issues
- Assist with financial analysis including actual vs budget data and month over month analysis
- Develop, communicate and monitor new accounting policies impacting operations of business and ensure that policies are compliant with GAAP and regulatory financial reporting requirements
- Prepare the data and support needed for internal and external auditors
- Provide support to the controller in assuring the internal controls, processes, systems, and personnel can effectively grow the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant with a strong understanding of financial institution-related GAAP
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and attentions to detail
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.