Lead Revenue Accountant
San Diego, California
Lead Revenue Accountant
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A publicly traded and global service-based company is seeking a qualified Lead Revenue Accountant to join their team. This is an opportunity to join a company heralded for its ability to grow and innovate despite being a mature organization, and its financial success and stability. The company is also known for bringing on the highest caliber people who are the best in their fields and are extremely high performing and motivated, so there are lots of opportunities for growth and advancement. The Lead Revenue Accountant will review contracts partner closely with the business and communicate the impact of various deals, actions and strategies to company financial statements and forecasts. You will be involved in the month end closing as well as performing technical accounting research for revenue recognition as well.
- Provide analysis of forecasts for deferred revenue
- Prepare and analyze complex models and book related revenue entries
- Recommend and research adjustments regarding operational revenue
- Regulate proper reporting by reviewing with and assisting in data analysis and systems
- Perform accounting research and draft conclusions regarding the impact of timing differences for revenue recognition.
- Partner with the business and various finance teams to explain the impact of accounting policies and standards on financial statements and forecasts.
- Assist the SEC team with preparing footnote disclosures.
- Review promotional and customer contracts and apply accounting guidance to ensure company compliance with US GAAP.
- Revise and approve credit and debit memos
- Adhere to SOX guidelines to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- 4-5+ years’ experience in public accounting or a mixture of public accounting and industry technical accounting or revenue recognition experience.
- Recent experience or exposure to ASC 606 revenue recognition standard required.
- CPA required.
- Advanced Excel skills, including V Look-Up, Pivot Tables and Macros desired
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.