San Diego, California
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: Are you a public accountant who is ready to transition from accounting into another field? Do you have experience supporting real estate clientele in your audit practice? This may be a great opportunity for you to pivot onto another career path. Our client is a thriving and stable real estate firm is looking to bring on an auditor from a public accounting firm and train them in real estate asset management. Once trained, you will be involved in a variety of activities including performing financial analysis on the properties (ROI analysis, rent roll analysis, etc), lender/investor reporting, acquisitions, and portfolio management, making decisions on tenants and communicating with third-party property management firms. You will work in a tight-knit team of high performers in a family-oriented environment and enjoy long-term career growth prospects and extremely high amount of learning opportunity.
- Manage the quality and timeliness of information received from management companies.
- Review and analyze historical and projected operational data to ensure accuracy and completeness and update internal models precisely and accurately.
- Review and approve annual operating budgets.
- Prepare and coordinate surplus cash distributions.
- Perform detailed review of financial information for adherence to budget as well as compliance with investor/lender requirements. Work with management to correct any discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Monitor and track all aspects of projects, including covenants, escrows, maturities, prepayments, and reporting requirements to the investor/lender. Ensure compliance.
- Fully comprehend ownership documentation, including debt, subsidy and other documentation for existing and new investments
- Prepare quarterly portfolio reports to inform principals of property operations, portfolio valuation and identification of potential issues. Provide recommendations and analysis to improve performance individual properties and greater portfolio (rent increase possibilities, expense reduction opportunities, etc.).
- Understand key components of the development proforma and how they impact stabilized operations
- Work with Audit and Tax professionals to ensure that financial reporting requirements of each entity are met, including the annual audit and the tax returns for each entity in the investment structure.
- Review financial statements and footnotes for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with property managers and accounting to address audit and regulatory findings, correction plans, misstatements and adjustments to monthly and annual financial statements. Assist in acquisitions, exits/dispositions, refinancing, etc. Verify that partnership valuations and waterfall calculations are accurate.
- Work closely with Team Leader to assist in various asset management tasks as needed for each deal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- 3+ years' public accounting (audit) experience
- Experience supporting real estate clientele ideal
- CPA or MBA ideal but not required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.