Senior Data Engineer
Category: IT- Development
San Diego, California
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
About the Opportunity: A client of ours is looking for a few Data Engineers to join their team as they grow. This is an opportunity to work with a world class medical device company impacting millions of lives. This engineer will play a critical role in development of their big data initiatives. If you are looking for the next step in your career don’t hesitate to apply below!
- Work with Data Architect to build robust data pipelines for our Enterprise Environment in Java (Scala) in a virtualized environment
- Monitor SQL/NoSQL performance and optimize table indexes to increase query performance
- Implement and maintain database structures
- Optimize data processing systems to address growing needs for actionable data
- Meet performance needs with updated queries and data access code
- Heavy documentation, implementation of processes to meet standards and improve data ingestion
- Previous experience in database architecture, building data pipelines
- Java experience is a must and Scala or NodeJS would be preferred
- Strong experience with relational databases, such as SQL Server and MySQL as well as non-relational databases.
- Ideally BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Advanced Education MS and PhD is a plus
- Strong experience with large data volumes, asynchronous data processing, and queues
- Any exposure to Cloud platforms, Google ideally (Google Query, etc.)
- 1+ years of Agile
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 858-242-5676 or visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information, or follow our LinkedIn page for updates here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sayva-solutions. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
About Sayva: Sayva Technology provides consulting, contract to hire, and direct hire recruiting to support project and full time placement needs. Our decades of combined industry experience has fostered a vast network and emphasis on efficiency, responsiveness, and quality results.Apply