Accounting Manager - GL
San Diego, California
Associate Director Revenue and Financial Reporting
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A fast-growing public company in the pharmaceutical industry is seeking an Accounting Manager. This individual will partner with upper management to drive the implementation of new process improvements, and manage and mentor a team of people.
- Review month end closing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly Internal and External reporting package
- Prepare year end audit schedules and support audit process with Big 4 audit firm
- Prepare account analysis, supporting schedules and reports and Ad hoc reporting and analysis for management
- Lead and execute process improvement projects
- Supervise, mentor and coach staff in corporate accounting
- Maintain fixed asset database and prepare reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reporting of expenses in accordance with applicable guidance
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in corporate accounting, preferably in life sciences
- CPA required
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and effective communication skills
- Systems experience with QuickBooks and Advanced Excel is preferred
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.