Solana Beach, California
Senior Staff Accountant
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A growing startup company in the health and wellness products industry is seeking an experienced Senior Staff Accountant to join their Finance team. This individual will primarily focus on corporate accounting and process improvements, but will ultimately wear many hats and gain exposure to areas outside of accounting as well, including supply chain and inventory management as well as FP&A. This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate who wants to work in a fast paced but also fun and laid back environment with a lot of learning opportunity.
- Analyze current processes and provide improvement recommendations to gain operational efficiencies resulting in cost reductions
- Prepare and maintain monthly journal entries with all associated accruals under timely constraints
- Set up and maintain account analysis and reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts
- Provide audit schedules and assist internal and external auditors during audits
- Review Schedule A requests from various agents, brokers and third party ERISA compliance agents
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-3+ years’ experience in corporate accounting required
- Must have prior hands-on experience with accounts receivable processes
- Public accounting experience and CPA ideal but not required
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel) required
- Enthusiasm for health and wellness ideal
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels within an organization
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.