San Diego, California
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A large, privately held company in San Diego is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their high-performing team This is a great opportunity to gain crucial experience, be mentored by CPAs, and have internal opportunities for advancement. This company offers a great environment with a feeling of fun and community.
- Process recurring and one-time monthly close tasks such as journal entries, adjustments, reporting, account reconciliations and other basic accounting tasks for branches and corporate departments.
- Analyze variances for monthly P&L’s for branches at assigned regions.
- Research and respond to branch managers’ inquiries for assigned regions.
- Train branch managers and other branch employees on the Loan Vision Branch Portal.
- Prepare Monthly Regional Override and Bonus Memos.
- Review Monthly Branch Manager and Sales Manager Override Bonus Memos.
- Assist with all aspects of compensation as it relates to assigned regions for branch/district/regional managers, branch staff bonuses, loan officer incentive compensation, including: calculation, research, interpreting contracts, communication, accounting, and reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 1-2+ years’ experience in corporate accounting or as an audit or tax associate with a public accounting firm
- Thorough understanding of accounting including but not limited to: prepaid, accruals, income statement accounts, balance sheet accounts, intercompany accounts, consolidation, reconciliations and general ledger
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills
- Must be eager to learn and have a positive attitude
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.