San Diego, California
Staff Accountant (AP)
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A rapidly growing healthcare company is seeking a Staff Accountant to support the Accounts Payable and Accounting functions. The ideal candidate will bring proven process improvement experience, be detail-oriented and eager to grow their experience within the company. This is an opportunity to join a great team with work life balance.
- Processing of invoices, verification of expense coding and obtaining approvals for all invoices in addition to processing weekly payables
- Reconciliation of A/R and A/P aging reports
- Responsible for various month-end close procedures, including general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations
- Responsible for W-9s, 1099s, including researching discrepancies
- Manage purchasing, including obtaining appropriate approvals for all purchases
- Will assist management with various special projects and ad hoc reporting
- Provide excellence in service to both internal team members & external customers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Accounting/Finance degree preferred
- 2-4 years of accounting experience, accounts payable experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
- Proficient computer skills working with various office equipment, computers and various programs including databases, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and must be able to meet deadlines
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.