Category: Other Area(s)
Sayva (pronounced Say-va) is derived from the Sanskrit word Seva, meaning selfless service. It embraces our fundamental belief that long-term relationships are created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others.
Sayva is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm that provides outsourced accounting, specialized project/interim resources, and full-time recruiting services. Some of our awards and recognition include:
- Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in San Diego by the SDBJ in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America in 2018 and 2019.
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in San Diego by the SDBJ in 2018 and 2019.
We are growing and have a unique opportunity for a Managing Director to join our team and help lead our Phoenix operations. This leadership role includes equity with increased growth, responsibility, and additional equity potential as we continue to invest in expansion.
Culture is everything…and we like our standards HIGH:
- Create and support a fun and engaging culture emphasizing integrity, accountability, attitude, and unity.
- Always look for opportunities to celebrate successes…and appreciate the value of learning from failures.
- Visualize success, persevere, believe in yourself, support others, collaborate, ask for help, and lean on the team in times of need.
- Lead by example in every aspect, every day.
- Hold yourself to the highest standards.
- Help develop and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Focus on the importance of long-term relationships, teamwork, and continuous improvement in every aspect of the business.
- Humble yourself and help everyone achieve the desired outcome.
- Emphasize the importance of problem solving and focusing on solutions.
- Be goal oriented. Write them down, share them, talk about them, obsess over them, and hold yourself accountable to achieving them.
- Coordinate, support, and appreciate the importance of team outings and community service to increase engagement and unity.
- Be proactive and take accountability for being a crucial part of the long-term vision of Sayva.
Path to Success:
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with accounting & finance decision makers through internal and external activities (i.e. – reaching out to potential new clients, maintaining existing relationships, attending networking events and/or other events outside of normal business hours, etc.).
- Meet with prospective clients to understand current and upcoming needs, company culture, technical requirements, budget, urgency, team dynamics, etc.
- Establish a strong understanding of the local accounting & finance market through researching industry trends, current events, company landscape, hot topics, etc.
- Lead hiring efforts, screening process, define the key attributes for internal accounting & finance team members.
- Lead and support the expansion of all Sayva lines of business in the Phoenix market.
- Participate in the development and execution of long-term strategy regarding Sayva’s expansion into additional markets and services.
- Take ownership for the development of local team members, including coordination with Sayva’s corporate operations regarding customized training needs.
- Consistently communicate development feedback to all team members, including the facilitation of a formal review process.
- Hands-on responsibility and oversight of communication with clients, candidates, consultants, and/or decision makers throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Negotiate client contract terms.
Ideal Profile and Personality:
- 3+ years of experience in the recruiting, consulting, and/or staffing industry specializing in accounting & finance.
- Increased promotion and responsibility throughout career.
- Top performer with a proven track record of consistently achieving and/or exceeding goals.
- Strong leadership skills with an interest in developing staff.
- Entrepreneurial heart with an unwavering will to succeed.
- Strong written and verbal communication, relationship building, listening, organization, and time-management skills.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency, resiliency, self-motivation, and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Must thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Critical to have a high degree of professionalism, self-motivation, strong work ethic, and integrity.
- Previous industry experience in accounting & finance preferred but not required (i.e. – public accounting, accounting or finance responsibilities, etc.).