San Diego, California
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A large company in the energy industry is looking to add a team-oriented Senior Accountant. This position will be responsible to understand and apply the changing generally accepted accounting principles to the business. This is an opportunity to work closely the Director of Accounting for a well-known firm.
- Prepare and maintain monthly journal entries, variance analyses, and reconciliations
- Provide support to internal/external departments to ensure timely and accurate transactions and reports
- Assist the accounting manager on special projects as needed
- Consolidate existing processes or re-design existing business practices to continue company growth
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to company’s new contracts, agreements, and initiatives.
- Prepare and review the external auditor’s interim and annual audit schedules
- Provide appropriate communication amongst all levels in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or in completion process strongly preferred
- 5+ years Big 4 or professional accounting experience required
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels within an organization
- Ability to interpret GAAP and research new processes involved
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.