Category: IT- Development
San Diego, California
JOB TITLE: Data Engineer
POSITION: Direct Hire in San Diego, CA
SUMMARY The Data Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and maintenance of data pipeline processes and applications. The position will be about 75% pipeline development and 25% support. Previous experience using ETL software is required. Ideal candidates will be passionate about exceeding client expectations and is driven to learn new data engineering technologies. In addition, candidates must be able to understand complex data structures, and will have a strong understanding of logical and physical database design.
• Contributing at a senior-level to the data warehouse design and data preparation by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows.
• Performing all necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse table structure that is optimized for reporting.
• Recent accomplishments working with relational as well as NoSQL data stores and data lake methods and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
• Proven track record in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and data pipelines in OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
• Establishing efficient design and programming patterns for engineers
• Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis.
• Ensuring best practices that can be adopted in our data systems and share across teams.
• Working in a team environment, interact with multiple groups daily (very strong communication skills).
• Must be able to work on-site in the San Diego office
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
• 3+ years ETL Development experience using tools like SnapLogic, SSIS, Talend and others
• 3+ Experience with writing, debugging and performance tuning SQL code
• 3+ Experience with transactional and dimensional database design and development
• 2+ Experience working with visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
• Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL and ELT models, and architecting efficient software designs for DW platform
• Knowledge of database modeling and design in a Data Warehousing context
• Strong familiarity with data warehouse best practices.
• Proficiency in Python and/or R
• Strong SQL skills, having worked with relational and non-relational databases
• Comfortable working within an AWS environment preferred
• DBA skills with on-premises or cloud-based Microsoft SQL Server infrastructures
• Ability to work with others or independently
• Experience with HIPAA compliance
• Proactive individual with good written and verbal communications required
Interested in learning more? Please don't hesitate to reach out to Joe Hirlinger at 858-242-5611 / email@example.com or visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information, or follow our LinkedIn page for updates here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sayva-solutions. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
About Sayva: Sayva Technology provides consulting, contract to hire, and direct hire recruiting to support project and full time placement needs. Our decades of combined industry experience has fostered a vast network and emphasis on efficiency, responsiveness, and quality results.