Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Category: IT- Quality Assurance
San Diego, California
Software QA Engineer
San Diego (La Jolla)
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will deliver user-friendly and high-impact digital applications and will be working in a dynamic environment where SQA plays a significant role in the quality of our applications. This role will work closely with our Software Developers and Product Team and includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product.
Essential Functions and Specific Responsibilities:
- Implement quality assurance practices and procedures, acceptance test plan and other QA assessments
- Create and execute Test plans, End-to-End testing, Bugs and Status reports
- Help drive the delivery of high-quality applications by participating in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, automation, load and system testing
- Detect software quality issues, report and track them to resolution
- Refine the “Done” criteria for user stories along with Product Owner and Agile/Scrum team
- Execute automation scripts as required to ensure quality and stability
- Enhance automation test strategies, requirements and planning
- Recommends technical strategies to contribute to the overall effectiveness and quality.
- Ensure the intent of requirement is satisfied
- Influence processes to drive quality-centric outputs
- Work cross-functionally to ensure individual quality and testing needs are met
- Ensure the purpose and deliverables of the test effort
- Manage and support test cases repositories and bug tracking
- Help troubleshoot issues with support personnel
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, design session, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospective meetings
Required Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience with phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, regression and integration testing
- Strong skills in understanding complex business requirements and transforming them to actionable test suites
- Ability to develop UI test automation
- Ability to analyze logs and back-end interactions
- Experience in requirements and specification reviews
- Experience working with SAAS applications
- Experience in testing iOS apps, Android apps and Web applications.
- Expertise in planning and estimating testing duration and effort
- Strong understanding of SDLC and the role of quality assurance in the process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
Interested in learning more? Please reach out to Joe Hirlinger at email@example.com / 858.242.5611. Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information, or follow our LinkedIn page for updates here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sayva-solutions.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions provides consulting, contract to hire, and direct hire recruiting to support project and full time placement needs. Our decades of combined industry experience has fostered a vast network and emphasis on efficiency, responsiveness, and quality results.