Senior Android Engineer
Category: IT- Development
Job Title: Senior Android Software Engineer
Mobile IoT team. We are currently seeking an Lead Android Software Engineer to help provide expertise in the development of our Android Application. Global organization in 40+ countries.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
Excellent team player for the IoT Mobile team that will provide senior expertise in Android app development. This role will be responsible for leading by example the development effort for the company’s Android app. This includes engineering solutions that are maintainable, reusable, and support the company’s efforts in bringing connectivity and software controls to pool equipment. The role will require planning software implementations that promote rapid, high quality development and can be worked on simultaneously by a large team across multiple products. The ideal candidate will have strong communications skills and have a proven record of effectively working with peers in a cross functional team, both in person and remote. This is an opportunity to be a leader in a successful and fast-growing team that is working on interesting and challenging projects. Additionally, you will:
- Develop the company’s Android app to support the company’s hardware products.
- Mentor the team’s junior members – lead by example.
- Given product requirements, plan and develop a flexible software implementation that promotes high quality user experiences and rapid development.
- Manage branching and code review.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Regularly communicate with other groups in the IoT team to solve problems and align on priorities.
- Promote and thrive in a professional, people first work culture.
WHAT WE SEEK
- 5 + years’ experience developing for Android.
- Excellent understanding of native Java based Android development.
- Excellent understanding of the Google Play Store.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate Android UI design best practices.
- Understanding of socket based networking and asynchronous computing methods and best practices.
- Experience using GIT.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-Driven: ability to work given large goals with minimal daily over site.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Ability and flexibility to work with both onsite and offshore teams across multiple time zones.
- Bluetooth experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree ideally
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Alternate work week schedule
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance
- Café / fCoffee stations
- On-site gym and games
Interested in learning more? Please reach out to email@example.com / 858-242-5611. Don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information, or follow our LinkedIn page for updates here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sayva-solutions.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions provides consulting, contract to hire, and direct hire recruiting to support project and full time placement needs. Our decades of combined industry experience has fostered a vast network and emphasis on efficiency, responsiveness, and quality results.