Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
San Diego, California
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: This individual will be responsible for the financial reporting, technical accounting and month-end close functions of this large publicly traded company in central San Diego.
- Prepare SEC forms and filings, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy and ownership forms.
- Prepare the Company’s Consolidated Balance Sheets, Statement of Operations, Statements of Comprehensive Income, Statements of Shareholders’ Equity, Statements of Cash Flows, and footnotes.
- Tie out the Company’s financial statements and footnotes using general ledger support, internal schedules, and third party support.
- Coordinate with external audit team to facilitate audit.
- Develop and tie out press releases, investor presentations and presentations to regulators.
- Manage the general ledger chart of accounts and write reports from the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly budget-to-actual reporting.
- Prepare journal entries for the holding company.
- Perform accounting research and develop technical memos.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field, required
- CPA preferred
- Experience working with SEC reporting and public accounting experience, strongly preferred
- Public company experience, required
- In depth understanding of GAAP, technical accounting issues and treatment
- Strong analytical skills, project management skills, prioritization skills, and communication skills
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.