Senior BI Developer (Tableau)
Category: IT- Development
San Diego, California
Job Title: Sr BI Developer (Tableau)
About the Opportunity: Our rapidly expanding technology client in central San Diego is hiring a Sr BI (Tableau) Developer to join their data team. The ideal candidate will have outstanding fundamental knowledge of MS SQL technologies and expert level experience with Tableau dashboard development. This is an opportunity to work with a leading technology services company and play a critical role in analyzing data to influence ongoing business decisions. If you’re interested don’t hesitate to apply!
- Design, develop and test moderate to complex Tableau dashboards and data visualizations.
- Leverage established guidelines and custom designs to create complex formulas and calculations to meet the needs of the business.
- Design, develop, and test moderate to complex reports using a variety of tools, which include Tableau, Alteryx, Transact-SQL, SSIS, Stored Procedures and Functions in SQL Server 2014 and later environments.
- Standardize reporting that helps generate efficiencies, optimization and end user standards.
- Integrate dashboards and reports from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality, usability and business rule standards.
- Work closely with analysts and data engineers to identify opportunities and assess improvements of our products and services.
- Drive workshops or training sessions with the business user community to further their knowledge and use of Reporting and Visualization tools.
- Collaborate with various data providers to resolve dashboard, reporting and data related issues.
- Perform Data Services reporting benchmarking, enhancements, optimizations, and platform analytics.
- Develop from strategic and non-strategic data sources including data preparation/ETL and modeling for data visualizations in a self-service platform.
- Participate in the research, development, and adoption of trends in reporting and analytics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience gathering & analyzing user requirements required
- Experience creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions required
- Strong background with MS SQL Server, MySql, Oracle or PostgreSQL required
- Expertise with visual data analysis using tools such as Tableau, QlikView/QlikSense, Microstrategy, or other Business Intelligence platforms required
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and demonstrated ability to create ad-hoc SQL queries to analyze data, create prototypes, etc.
- Data preparation and modeling in Alteryx are a plus.
- Public or hybrid cloud environments are a plus.
- Big data technologies like Snowflake, Spark, Scala, Kafka, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB and Redshift are a plus.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 858-242-5676 or visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information, or follow our LinkedIn page for updates here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sayva-solutions. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sayva: Sayva Technology provides consulting, contract to hire, and direct hire recruiting to support project and full- time placement needs. Our decades of combined industry experience has fostered a vast network and emphasis on efficiency, responsiveness, and quality results