Financial Reporting Supervisor
San Diego, California
Corporate Accounting Supervisor
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practice search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A rapidly growing company in their industry is seeking an experienced Accounting Supervisor. This person plays an important role in the organization by performing activities related to the company’s Accounting functions. The role is primarily responsible for, under limited supervision, overseeing all aspects of their department, while providing guidance to staff to ensure all processes are performed in compliance within company policies and procedures.
- Supervise, coordinate, and review all aspects of the branch month-end close processes, including issue resolution and meeting deadlines.
- Review and approve monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, adjustments, reports, and other accounting data relating to branch P&Ls.
- Oversee the team’s review of monthly P&Ls for all branch offices, identify variances, and ensure correct accounting is applied.
- Assign work and monitor performance of direct reports to ensure work is completed in accordance with objectives and deadlines; plan, prioritize, and supervise daily operations and workflow
- Work closely with IT, Business Analysts and team on programming requirements, testing and implementation.
- Work directly with Regional Vice Presidents and act as a liaison to multiple departments.
- Conduct formal annual performance reviews and provide informal feedback as required.
- Plan, prioritize, assign and supervise daily operations and workflow of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, along with 2+ years of relevant experience and at least 2 years managing a team of 2 or more.
- CPA preferred.
- Thorough understanding of general accounting concepts.
- Intermediate Word and Outlook; Advanced Excel.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills and ability to resolve problems or propose solutions.
- Strong teaching, coaching and delegation skills.
- Ability to make timely decisions and exhibit sound judgment.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.