San Diego, California
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: Our client, is seeking a motivated Senior Accountant to add to their team. This position will work closely with senior management and be involved in many aspects of operating the business’s financials. This position requires strong analytic skills and high integrity but allows for a wide range of professional growth.
- Manage and reconcile the general ledger account and the large company subsidiaries
- Maintain financial statements and supporting schedules monthly
- Provide management and internal/external auditors with account analysis
- Implement new accounting policies and offer suggestions to improve accounting procedure efficiency
- Assist in the development of junior department members with the Financial Planning and Reporting Manager
- Design efficiency and “lean” principles within the department
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience, government contracting and/or manufacturing experience preferred
- Big 4 or public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills amongst all levels of an organization
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks under work deadlines
- Working knowledge of GAAP principles, cost accounting standards, and financial reporting
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.