SEC Reporting Supervisor
San Diego, California
Lead Accountant/Supervisor - SEC Reporting
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions leverages a best practices search and screening strategy to identify the top accounting and finance talent for direct-hire job opportunities. Our team’s professional backgrounds in industry offer the unique ability to create value-added relationships and be a trusted business partner to our candidates and clients.
About the Opportunity: A large, public company in San Diego is searching for an SEC reporting Supervisor. This is an opportunity to be in a high-visibility role where you will be involved with team annual performance reviews and departmental goal-setting meetings. You will review the work of senior and staff SEC reporting accountants and provide mentoring and coaching to them. You will work with multiple departments and have a chance to be promoted internal within the SEC function or other departments throughout the organization. This person will also have opportunity to work remotely outside of quarter and year-end.
- Oversees the preparation and filing of quarterly, annual, and special reports with the SEC (including reports on Forms 10-Q and 10-K, XBRL, and the SEC's electronic filing requirements)
- Supervises the monthly consolidation of company financial statements
- Manages the compilation of financial statements and other information for the company’s Annual Report
- Consults with other departments on the proper accounting treatments and disclosures for SEC Reporting
- Stays current on GAAP technical accounting guidance and performs research as needed
- Plays a key role in departmental hiring, goal setting, and performance reviews.
- Mentors, trains, and reviews the work of Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field,
- 7+ years relevant experience required
- Ideal candidate will have a mix of public accounting and industry SEC Reporting experience. Strong Managers out of national external audit firms will be considered.
- Proficient organizational, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.